"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Thursday, March 4, 2010

How To Blog?

I am struggling with this blogging thing. I forget about it and then when I do think about it, I feel bad that I don't write in it more. I'm not sure what the problem is. I really do want to keep a journal blog, but don't want to feel guilty for not writing in it. I actually LOVE to write and I am on the computer quite a bit. One would think this would be an easy thing for me to do. Apparently though it is not. I don't know if it is because blogging about my life just seems like a silly thing to do. I mean, does anyone REALLY care how many times M has thrown up on me throughout the day? Doubtful! But, in reality that is my life. I get thrown up on. I spend my day changing diapers and cleaning up messes. That is the reality of a mom. So, do people REALLY want to read about that? Well, I hope so, because as I was writing this paragraph, I decided to keep going! :) I am going to write about whatever I want. It is my blog, and there aren't too many occasions in life that you can say, I'm going to do what I want and you can't say anything about it! :) I am going to set myself some parameters though. I want to make an effort to blog more. I really like doing it. It may cut into some knitting time, but I think that is important for me. I NEED this outlet, I HAVE this outlet, I should USE this outlet!

So, my parameters (is that even the right word? I'm not sure) or topics or whatever you want to call them will beas follows. First, Mondays are going to be Munchy Time Mondays. I keep getting asked on Facebook about what I am making for dinner. So, I will post on Mondays some of my favorite things to make. I do not claim that the recipes are my own, but I will try and provide the source of the recipe. Tuesdays will be Take It Off Tuesdays. I will discuss how my weight loss journey is going and fill you in on my progress. Let's see, let's make Wednesdays something like Book-Worm Wednesdays. I LOVE to read and I read as much as I can (although with 3 kids that a lot is admittedly less than what it used to be!). So, I will let you all know what I am reading on Wednesdays and what I thought about it. I think I will do Fiber Therapy Thursdays. Knitting is my therapy and I LOVE it! So, I will post about how my knitting is going. Don't worry Carli, I promise that I will still post to our knitting blog (Knitters Without Sitters), which I need to do a better job doing anyways! Hopefully this will help! Fridays are going to be Free-For-All Fridays where I will blog about whatever the heck is on my mind. I probably won't blog much on the weekends, but if I do, they will probably be about random things!! Throughout the week, I will post about the main topic and then if I have more things to talk about, I will. This blog is going to be about ME, not my family. Now, of course my family will be referenced, but if you want to read more about them, then check out our family Blog. Ok, so in short form, here is my new schedule!

Munchy Time Mondays
Take It Off Tuesdays
Book Worm Wednesdays
Fiber Therapy Thursdays
Free-For-All Fridays!

Let's see how well I can do here huh? I will start next week! Wish me luck!!!
With love
Theresa

No comments: