"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I Saw God Today

Last night on my way home from Knittervention, I was listening to the radio.  George Strait's song "I Saw God Today" came on and just about made me cry.  I decided that as part of my big life makeover, I am going to make sure I see God everyday.  Whether it is something big or small, I will see those things that prove God is in our lives and sometimes whispering and sometimes SHOUTING at us to see him.  I will make sure I acknowledge what I see and give thanks to HIM for those moments.

Today, I was at the gym with J and M (L has been at Vacation Bible School this week).  It is very warm here right now and I didn't relish the thought of taking the little ones out to the park in the heat.  So, I took some soccer balls and we played in the gymnasium at my gym.  I watched J and M play with each other and run around chasing the soccer balls and these bean bags that have been left (I threw them and they would go get them and bring them back).  It was nothing exciting, but the way J laughed and giggled, you would have thought we were at Disney World.  She kept saying "I've got it." or "I'll get it Mommy!" or "M keeps kicking my ball!" (well, not all moments are perfect!).  I just reveled in her speaking so well.  Last January (2010), her vocabulary consisted of the word "mommy" and of screams.  Now, she is speaking SO incredibly well.  Then we went and picked up L from VBS.  On the way home, I had the CD of the music for L's VBS playing.  Both girls were sitting in the back singing to each other.  Very clearly, I could hear J singing "Big Apple Adventure; where faith and love connect, Jesus directs my future."  Hearing my sweet J giggle and laugh and sing words that most 3 year olds might not be able to say, let alone ones that have been through speech therapy; Yeah, I Saw God Today.



With Love!

No comments: