"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Monday, June 6, 2011

A New Thing Here: Make Over Monday

I have been trying to make some changes in my life.  I have talked about most of them on here several times.  When it comes to how I look, I have struggled for a very long time with accepting myself.  I wrote this post back in March about really trying to accept who I am.  I have been doing a lot better.  I really have.  Then there is my faith and I am SO happy to be back on the path I know I need to be on: God's path.  I know he's always been there waiting for me, but it has taken me some time to find my way back to him.  But, I know I am where I need to be now.

Over the weekend though, I gave some thought to what I was doing in my life.  I am happy, but I think there are ways I could make my wonderful life better.  So, for that reason, I have come up with a new thing here on Full Time Job.  As of today, Mondays will be known as "Make Over Monday".  Mondays are going to be the day in which I post about the work I am doing to make over my heart, my soul, my body, and improving on my faith.  I am hoping that by doing this, it will help make me a better woman, a better wife, a better mother, a better friend, and a better child of God. 

I am participating in a Bible and book study on Facebook about the book Do You Think I Am Beautiful? by Angela Thomas.  I am hoping that this study will help me with the heart, soul, and faith make over.

I'm still working on ways to make myself a better mother.  Any advice there is appreciated!!

In order to work on the body makeover, I have recommitted myself to the gym and to eating right.  I worked so hard last year and this year I have really not kept up with it and gained some weight back (yes, I know I have mentioned this before and I need to get over it.).  But now, I am truly motivated to get the weight off once and for all and to be a good example of healthy for my children. 

So, I will be posting here about what I have been up to and how I am progressing on my make over.  And yes, for the record, when I have hit a certain point (and I'm not really positive at what point that will be) I plan on getting an actual make over.  I'm thinking a new hair color and some knew shoes.  We'll see though.

Right now I am going to finish reading my chapter for Do You Think I Am Beautiful?.  I hope you all have a wonderful day!!
With Love!

No comments: