"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Jinkies...It's A Clue!

Happy Tuesday everyone! It has been a very frustrating day with 3 crabby and unlistening children, but made a little better by L running around yelling "ZOINKS!!" and trying to solve a "mystery" with J's help! It is actually very cute, my little Shaggy and Scooby Doo!

shaggy and scooby doo Pictures, Images and Photos

As it is Take It Off Tuesday, I will fill you in on the weightloss journey. This week I worked super duper hard. I lost 3.2 pounds!! That brings my total to 64.6 pounds. My original goal was 70 pounds by my 31st birthday. I have since changed that to 80 pounds by Thanksgiving, but it is pretty cool to be so close to my original goal. I'm hoping I can really kick some arse tomorrow (and the rest of today) and maybe get another .4 pounds off to make it an even 65 pounds on my 31st birthday (which is Thursday). I would be pretty darn proud of that!

I did do the newspaper article for our local paper. It should come out on Sunday the 15th. I will share a link if I can find one when it comes out. I was pretty nervous about doing this. The article was a lot more about Obesity in America and how that effects my area. I HATE that word, Obesity. Yes, I know that it is a problem, but it is such a negative word and makes people feel ashamed when they have weight to lose. The journalist that interviewed me said they were having a difficult time getting people to interview, especially women. So, I sucked it up and decided tat if sharing MY story could help even just one person, then it was my responsibility to share it. I hope I didn't sound like a complete idiot and I hope the picture they took of me is at least remotely decent. I guess we will see come Sunday huh?

I am super tired today so I am going to go for now. I've finished 2 books since last we talked so I have a couple of things to share tomorrow! :)
Have a great one!
With love,
Theresa

No comments: