"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What To Wear Then??

OK, I have a RANT!!! I am sick to death of the fashion industry!!!

I am a 30 year old woman (let's forget that I turn 31 next week, OK?). I am a Stay At Home Mom. I spend a lot of my time at the gym, at home, or on playdates with friends (both with my kids or without!). I know that I am not the world's most stylish person, I admit that fully. However, I like to at least look decent, even if not wearing the latest fashions to show on "Project Runway".

Now, I have lost weight, that isn't a secret (I'm down another 2.2 pounds this week, but gained 2 last week somehow, so no biggie. I'm down 61.4 pounds total). I won a MACY's Gift Card through my Biggest Loser contest and went to the mall to see what I could find. NADA. Seriously. It is SO frustrating! I am too old to shop in the Juniors section, but too young to shop in the Misses section. I don't want to look like a teenager, but come on! I don't want to look like I'm 50 either! Now, I don't normally shop too much at MACY's because it is usually out of my price range, but I figured I would see if I could find anything. I found a few cute things, but just felt they made me look too young, too old, or just too dang goofy! Or, the few things that looked decent were WAY out of my price range or I just wasn't willing to spend my free $25 on them.

So, my question is this...WHY CAN'T THE FASHION INDUSTRY DESIGN THINGS WITH THE 30 YEAR OLD MOM IN MIND?????? There was a joke among my friends that we need to have a "Forever 31" store instead of "Forever 21"!!

Bottom line, I just wish SOMEONE would design an AFFORDABLE line of clothes with Moms like me in mind!!!

OK, done. How are you today??
With Love,
Theresa

No comments: