Hi All! Long time no read, huh!?!? Well, it is now 2011! 2010 went so fast, but it was a fantastic year! But, I am ecstatic to be in 2011! There are many things I plan on doing this year! I have come up with 11 GOALS for the year. I am not making resolutions as I think resolutions kind of set you up to fail. So, these are gals and I am determined to finish them all! They are as follows:
1. Hit my goal weight of 170 pounds and maintain that within 5 pounds. I got on the scale for the first time this morning in a while...SCARY!!! But, it was a good wake up call. Watching what I eat will be something I will have to do my entire life. I just can't splurge for months and not expect to live with the consequences. I know it is going to take a lot of hard work. But, I am really looking forward to the work. Exercise gives you endorphins, and endorphins are like a drug and I am thrilled to be getting a regular fix again!
2. Be able to do 30 CONSECUTIVE push ups on my toes. No knees allowed here.
3. RUN the Bumble Bee 10K in September. I did complete it last year, but this year I want to RUN the entire thing. I'm very excited about it!
4. Learn continental, fair isle, intarsia, and thrum knitting. These are skills I believe every knitter should have and it bugs me that I don't know them.
5. Design and knit Snowflake Shawl. I have a shawl running around in my head. It will be BEAUTIFUL and I can't wait to see it come together!
6. Learn to throw a football spiral and a baseball curve ball. I want to know how. I never learned how to throw a football correctly and as a shot putter, my baseball throwing skills are rather lacking!
7. Read Pride & Prejudice. I have started this book about 3 or 4 times. I have NEVER finished it. So, I WILL do it this year!
8. Blog 3-4 times a week. I obviously got away from blogging and I really miss writing so much. So, I will do it more!
9. Organize all of the photos in the house. They are everywhere. In boxes, bags, books, drawers. It is ridiculous. So, I will organize them this year!
10. One day a month, we will shut off all TVs, phones, computers, etc and I will spend the day just simply playing with the kids! I am really looking forward to this one!
11. Redo the kids' rooms. They are getting older and should have rooms that match them. M needs a boys room. L and J need a girls room. My mom has offered to help paint and such. This should be a lot of fun!
So, there you have it. 11 Goals for 2011! How about you? What are YOUR goals?