"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New Goals

Hi All! Long time no read, huh!?!? Well, it is now 2011! 2010 went so fast, but it was a fantastic year! But, I am ecstatic to be in 2011! There are many things I plan on doing this year! I have come up with 11 GOALS for the year. I am not making resolutions as I think resolutions kind of set you up to fail. So, these are gals and I am determined to finish them all! They are as follows:

1. Hit my goal weight of 170 pounds and maintain that within 5 pounds. I got on the scale for the first time this morning in a while...SCARY!!! But, it was a good wake up call. Watching what I eat will be something I will have to do my entire life. I just can't splurge for months and not expect to live with the consequences. I know it is going to take a lot of hard work. But, I am really looking forward to the work. Exercise gives you endorphins, and endorphins are like a drug and I am thrilled to be getting a regular fix again!

2. Be able to do 30 CONSECUTIVE push ups on my toes. No knees allowed here.

3. RUN the Bumble Bee 10K in September. I did complete it last year, but this year I want to RUN the entire thing. I'm very excited about it!

4. Learn continental, fair isle, intarsia, and thrum knitting. These are skills I believe every knitter should have and it bugs me that I don't know them.

5. Design and knit Snowflake Shawl. I have a shawl running around in my head. It will be BEAUTIFUL and I can't wait to see it come together!

6. Learn to throw a football spiral and a baseball curve ball. I want to know how. I never learned how to throw a football correctly and as a shot putter, my baseball throwing skills are rather lacking!

7. Read Pride & Prejudice. I have started this book about 3 or 4 times. I have NEVER finished it. So, I WILL do it this year!

8. Blog 3-4 times a week. I obviously got away from blogging and I really miss writing so much. So, I will do it more!

9. Organize all of the photos in the house. They are everywhere. In boxes, bags, books, drawers. It is ridiculous. So, I will organize them this year!

10. One day a month, we will shut off all TVs, phones, computers, etc and I will spend the day just simply playing with the kids! I am really looking forward to this one!

11. Redo the kids' rooms. They are getting older and should have rooms that match them. M needs a boys room. L and J need a girls room. My mom has offered to help paint and such. This should be a lot of fun!

So, there you have it. 11 Goals for 2011! How about you? What are YOUR goals?

With Love,
Theresa

No comments: