"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Friday, February 18, 2011

One Hot Mama

I know that I have totally discussed this subject before, but you get it again because I am frustrated at myself and it's my blog, so there (Imagine me sticking my tongue out and stomping my foot). Okay, now that I am over the 2 year old tantrum (I am surrounded by them daily!), I will explain. I know that society expects women to be a certain size, look, etc. I know this and although I am constantly comparing myself, I REALLY try not to. I really do. But it is difficult. But, I am a mommy. I have born and nursed 3 children and my hips and boobs are the evidence of that (never mind the loud little kids running around the house!). In my mind I know this, but when I look in the mirror, it is VERY difficult to remember. I don't have a personal trainer. I don't have a private chef making me perfectly nutritious meals. I don't have a nanny that can take care of the kids so that I can DO those prior things. I am just a regular mommy. Again, I KNOW this. Why can't my brain accept it? I know I have mentioned it, but I have gained some of the weight that I lost last year back. It is really difficult for me. I am doing the Biggest Loser Contest and when I stepped on that scale on Tuesday morning, I PROMISED myself that I would NOT berate myself, no matter WHAT it said. Well, I kept that promise, but I seriously about fell off the scale. I just can't believe that it went that far. I made myself make a promise to myself that I will NEVER ever weigh that again and that I WILL be happy with what I see in the mirror. When I see my hips, I will look at my beautiful children and smile. When I see that my boobs aren't exactly up as high as they used to be, I will remember those little faces buried into my chest. I have to learn to be confident. I HAVE TO!! What kind of example am I setting for my daughters when I feel badly about myself? I want L and J to be confident about themselves. I WANT that for them. So, I will learn to be confident in my appearance. I WILL. I want that for my children, for my husband, and for myself; especially for myself.

So, in that mind, this morning when I was working out, I was listening to my Blackberry and the song "One Hot Mama" by Trace Adkins came on. I've heard this song I don't know how many times. But for some reason, this morning, the lyrics REALLY actually made sense to me. I have decided that this song is going to become my mantra. I have to learn to believe this. The link to the video is here. And the link to the lyrics is here. I think that any mommy reading this should really check it out and start to live by it. Remember, we are ALL "One Hot Mama"s!!!

Sorry for the rambling that totally went on here. I just had a lot of rambling in my brain!

No comments: