"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Monday, February 21, 2011

My Pet Peeves

This may not be the most positive post in the world, but it is one I have been running through my mind the past few days. I decided to go ahead and write it. This is my Top Ten Pet Peeves!

10. Yarn skeins/balls that have a knot in them where the manufacturer/ spinner broke the yarn and simply tied it back together. This is especially annoying when it is a yarn that has a repeating colorway.

9. When my 5 year old doesn't flush the toilet, especially after going Number 2. Seriously, SO gross!

8. Sponge Bob Square Pants & Miley Cyrus...enough said I think.

7. When the plastic bag rips while carrying groceries, and it never fails that that bag contains the pickle jar. Does anyone else's heart stop just briefly as they grab the bag to make sure the pickle jar doesn't fall? I guess this just means I should switch to fabric bags.

6. Having to turn socks right side out after doing laundry. Now I understand why my mom would get mad at me for leaving them inside-out. Sorry Mom!

5. Walking through the house and stepping on Cheerios. They inevitably stick to the bottom of my foot and I carry them elsewhere throughout the house. It doesn't matter how often I vacuum, they are everywhere!

4. Walking out of the house, thinking I look at least decent. Then I get to where I am going and look down and see a big slime of snot all over. GROSS!

3. People that cut me off in the grocery store. I try to pay as much attention as I can while shopping to other people around me. If you cut me off, at least take the one second it would take to say, "Oh, I'm sorry." Do NOT just stare at me like, "What the hell are you looking at?". Really, what happened to old fashioned common courtesy?

2. When you smile at someone and they do not even acknowledge you. This drives me insane!! Even if you are having a bad day, how difficult is it to just tip your head as if to say, "Yeah, I see you. Thanks for the smile. I'm not having a great day, but I appreciate your trying to make it better."?

1. People that ask me, "What do you do all day?" or "You don't work?" or another question of that nature when they find out I am a Stay At Home Mom. This seriously pisses me off. Just because I do not bring in an income doesn't mean that being a Stay At Home Mom isn't a MAJOR job.

Okay, I feel better now! What about you, what are YOUR pet peeves?

No comments: