"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Take It Off Tuesday

I haven't posted one of these in a while, but thought I would let you know. I think I have mentioned that I am running a Biggest Loser contest of Facebook. Well, so far in two weeks, I have lost 9 pounds (6 last week, 3 this week). Not bad. I feel better, and my pants are fitting good again, so that's nice. I can look in the mirror and feel like my body is reconfiguring itself if nothing else. I need to take some measurements so I can see what I am losing inch-wise. I think that will make me happy even on weeks when I don't lose much weight wise.

This contest has been really great. I am enjoying the discussions going on on our Facebook group and everyone has been super supportive of everyone else. It's a contest, but a real morale booster too! If any of you are reading this, thank you so much for participating!

Since my last post was pretty negative (although I was glad I wasn't the only one with some of these pet peeves!), I decided to do 5 things that I find super helpful in my battle against the bulge! I hope you find maybe one thing that helps you.

5. Hershey Bliss Dark Chocolates. They really help keep my sweet tooth at bay. One piece is one point and I make sure I save a point for the end of the day!

4. Brooks Tennis Shoes. They rock! I do like Mizunos too and have went back and forth. But, right now I am wearing Brooks.

3.Progresso Soups. I really like soup as it is and these are low in calorie and they taste excellent. I really like the Vegetable Barley and the Santa Fe Chicken.

2.Pandora Radio. So awesome! As much as it pains me to admit, I put it on Christina Aguilera station and workout until I am exhausted.

1. Jillian Michaels. Ok, did anyone really not know I would put her first?!?! Seriously? I LOVE her, she inspires me so! I really dig her 30 Day Shred and her Yoga Meltdown. Thanks to the wonderful generosity of a friend, I received Ripped in 30 today in the mail. I can't WAIT to give it a try!

What are some of YOUR favorite things to fight the battle with?

With Love,
Theresa

No comments: