"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Getting To Know You...Is Back!!

After taking a bit of a hiatus, MannLand5's Sunday's "Getting To Know You" is back and I am very happy to take part!! :) Feel free to join in. Read my answers and then go see her to get your own. Make sure you link up!!

button


1. if you won the title of Miss America, what would your platform be? I think it would depend on the point in my life. If it was when I was younger and actually eligible for Miss America, it probably would be something like World Peace. But, if it was now and they changed it to Mrs. America or something (seriously, where is THAT title?), I would say my platform would be implementing a tax break for families with a stay at home parent. I'm not much for politics really, but this is something that I can see myself getting involved in one day.

2. outdoorsy or indoorsy? It really depends on the weather. I don't like to be too cold or too hot. Considering what the weather is like in Indiana, it completely depends on the day. I do love spring and fall and really enjoy being outdoorsy then! Especially if we can add a football game in there!

3. pajama's out in public..classy or tres tacky? I wouldn't exactly call it "classy", but I don't think it is necessarily "tres tacky" either. I think that if you are wearing stretchy pants and a T-shirt or something that is OK. However, thread-bare pajama pants, a T-shirt that you can see through, and slippers...not my idea of a good look!

4. what's your favorite room in your house? I'm sure someone will laugh at this, but usually the bathroom. If I get the chance to go by myself, it is the only place that is quiet. If E is home, I have no guilt about spending more time in the bathroom than I really need, just for the peace of mind!

5. nook, kindle, or book? Book, all the way. I love the way a book feels and smells. It is something that I can relate to people a hundred years ago. As much as the idea of carrying several books around in one convenient spot (on a nook or kindle), I just can't get into it. Now, if someone wants to buy me one to prove me wrong, I am very willing to put it to the test! :)

6. would you rather wear the same outfit for a week or not brush your teeth for a week? Wear the same outfit for a week. I'm a mom, there are plenty of days I have worn the same outfit in a row, making it a week wouldn't be too much of a stretch! :) I think my teeth would feel like they have grown fur if I were to go that long without brushing them! Eww!

7. what's your favorite blog at the moment? I love the Yarn Harlot. She cracks me up so much. The only things we really have in common is a love of knitting and 3 children, but she is hilarious. I check her site every day for a new post. Her books are awesome too and have read them each a couple of times. Her talent for writing is only outdone by her talent for knitting.

8. lately I've been daydreaming about.........? Our eventual new house. How I want things to look, the colors I want, what kind of style I have/will have, what kinds of knitted things I can have there, what kinds of sewn things. I have a lot of ideas on this matter! :)

I hope you all have a great weekend and a wonderful Sunday with your family. We had a WONDERFUL birthday party yesterday for J's 3rd birthday. It was a super fun day and I think all three kiddos had a blast!!

With love!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm an oldschool book person all the way as well! I can't imagine even trying out a Kindle or Nook!

Thanks for visiting my SITS day on Monday!