"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Monday, March 21, 2011

When kids get sick, we all suffer!  Yesterday M got took a 3 hour nap.  E went in to wake him up at 5pm and he was just lying there.  He asked him, "You OK bubby?"  M shook his head no.  E picked him up and M promptly barfed all over him.  I don't know which to be more thankful for, the fact that he threw up on E and not me or that E kept the vomit from getting all over the floor!  If M had thrown up on me, there would have been a whole lot more to clean up, I can tell you that for sure.  I do NOT do well with throw up.  Grandma always wanted me to be a nurse, but between the sympathetic puking and the passing out at the sight of blood, I don't think I would make a good one.  Well, anyway, the poor little man had a fever and slept through the night pretty well last night, although I was scared to death to leave him alone in his room.  He still had a fever this morning, but has finally been able to keep some tylenol down so the fever is almost gone and he is eating and drinking again.  He must be feeling better as he and J are wrestling each other all over the place!

Where am I going with this?  I am SO tired.  I don't even think I can comprehend how tired I am at this point.  I just don't sleep well when my kiddos are sick.  Does anyone?  Why is that?  I mean, our bedroom is right next to the kids.  I can hear just about every noise they make.  Yet, I lie there scared to death that I am not going to hear the one noise I need to hear.  It is just so scary being a parent.  I hope that all I am doing is what the kids need done.  Are any of us ever doing this right?  Am I the only one that feels this way?  Please tell me I'm not alone here!

No comments: