"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

And The Days Go By...

I'm so sorry I've been MIA for a week! Last week got really busy and so far this week shows NO sign of slowing down! It is doctor appointment central this week, seriously!!

Today is Take It Off Tuesday and I am supposed to tell you about my weight loss. Well, huh. I weighed myself on Friday morning because I knew I was taking 3 days off from exercising and from eating as I have been eating because I was going to visit my parents and I knew it would be a glutton food fest! We went to Red Lobster on Saturday for my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. That's right, I wrote 60! Isn't that amazing? It is just so inspiring to see 2 people still so in love after all those years. They are so cute together! Anyways, I ate WAY too much! Then my aunt made breakfast for everyone Sunday morning and it was awesome! So, I was really feeling it come yesterday morning. This morning, I got on the scale, knowing full well that I was going to have to accept the damage I did over the weekend. Well, I GAINED 3 pounds since Friday!! Yes, I know that some of that is water weight and I am feeling a little PMSy too, but still! Wow! So, I really worked my tail off in the gym today. Let's hope that I can get that off soon. I really would like to hit 50 pounds in the next 2 weeks! Wish me luck!

I am finding though that this will forever be a battle. I just love to eat. The thought of not counting points now really scares me. I only have so much self control. If the bad stuff isn't around me, I do okay, but when faced with it directly, it is very difficult for me to walk away from. I dream of ice cream and cake and pizza and steak. I just love food! I think I could have been a foodie, but when it comes down to it, I'm really not all that particular. I just really like to eat. So, once I hit my goal, I am probably going to have to work even harder just to keep it off than I did getting it off. Anyone else have experience with this? Any advice?

I hope that you all had a wonderful Mother's Day on Sunday! I did. We didn't do much, but it was really nice. I did get two beautiful pansies in pretty pots painted by my adorable girls thanks to my wonderful neighbor! They are very cute! What fun things did your family do?

I hope that you all have a wonderful day!!
With Love,
Theresa

No comments: