"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Friday, May 21, 2010

Things I've Come To Realize

I found this on one of my new favorite blogs to read, This Chihuahua Bites. I hope that you enjoy learning a little more about mt. If you use this meme (anyone know why they are called this? Because you learn more about "meme" perhaps?), leave me a link so I can check it out!!

I’ve come to realize that my body is strong, but hour-glass shaped. It has taken me a long time to accept that, but I am and now I'm TRYING to dress for that shape.
I’ve come to realize that my job is so unbelievably difficult. I wish someone would have sat me down and said, "Look, this job can really suck! Being a mom is NOT easy and anyone who tells you it is is lying."
I’ve come to realize that when I’m driving
I look in my rear view mirror probably way more than I should, but I want to make sure the girls aren't killing each other!
I’ve come to realize that I need a night out every now and then! Really need a night out!
I’ve come to realize that I have lost myself, but I am determined to find me!! It is difficult NOT to lose yourself when you become a Mom. Your needs automatically become a back seat and it is a struggle to find time for those things that make you happy.
I’ve come to realize that I hate it when my daughters do not share. J screams bloody murder and L makes this weird guttural noise. I've started taking things away when they can't share them just because I can't stand those noises!
I’ve come to realize that if I’m drunk I become VERY "friendly"!!! ;)
I’ve come to realize that money
is always on the lacking side and it sucks!
I’ve come to realize that certain people have no respect for anything. There are so many murders and crimes against man-kind that it make me very sad.
I’ve come to realize that I’ll always remember singing on the stage at the Grand Ol' Opry. There was no audience (except for the tour group that I was with), but what an experience!
I’ve come to realize that my sibling(s)
have come in the form of my cousins, amazing In-Laws and wonderful friends. As an only child, I had to find siblings in other forms. I have been very lucky to find some amazing ones!
I’ve come to realize that my mom is an incredible grandma! She didn't think she would be a good one, she is a great one!
I’ve come to realize that my cell phone is addicting! I love you my wonderful Blackberry! I would have never thought I would become a "texter", but I am! ;)
I’ve come to realize that when I woke up this morning, I was SO not ready to get up, but already running WAY late!
I’ve come to realize that last night before I went to sleep, my eyes were shutting before I even laid down!
I’ve come to realize that right now I am thinking I need to go pack the girls to go to grandma's!
I’ve come to realize that my dad is incredible!! We've always been close, but have become even closer a I have become an adult. He taught me to drink Mr. Jack Daniels and encouraged my love of reading and music. Today is his birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPPY GEORGE!!!!
I’ve come to realize that when I get on Facebook, I get sucked in!!
I’ve come to realize that today has gone too fast. I've been going since waking up. Looking forward to sitting down to rest for longer than it has taken me to type this.
I’ve come to realize that tonight should be so much fun. We get to hang out with some friends of ours that we rarely see!
I’ve come to realize that tomorrow comes too fast!
I’ve come to realize that I really want the best I can give my children, whether it is experiences, education, or needs. I want them to have the best I can give them.
I’ve come to realize that the person mostly likely to repost this is Miss Carli.
I’ve come to realize that life goes by way too fast and way too slow all at the same time!
I’ve come to realize that this weekend should be a good experience for E. He is running his 4th 1/2 marathon!
I’ve realized the best music to listen to when I am upset is
My lady Janis Joplin or a little Black Crowes.
I’ve come to realize that my friends help keep me sane (or at least some semblance of it!). They are wonderful and I am so very blessed to have the wonderful friends that I do. I love you all!
I’ve come to realize that this year is going by VERY fast. Is it really almost June?!?!?
I’ve come to realize that my husband is an amazing man. I love him so much. He is my rock and my partner. He makes me laugh and he makes me think. He challenges me to be a better person, wife, and mother. I love him so very much and I thank God so much that he loves me.
I’ve come to realize that maybe just maybe I might get to sleep through the night again at some point!
I’ve come to realize that I love my children with a fierceness I would not have thought possible.
I’ve come to realize that I don’t understand
how some people can be so cruel to their children. Those people should not be parents.
I’ve come to realize my past is over. I need to do a better job of letting go of the things I regret.
I’ve come to realize that parties are fun but quite a pain. I do love to throw them though. I'm thinking I might have to get around and have one soon.
I’ve come to realize that my life may seem like the same thing day in and day out, but I don't know that I would have it any different. I really do love my life: spit-up, screaming babies, poopy diapers, and all.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
With Love,
Theresa

1 comment:

Jennifer Crocker said...

LOVED this! I have been feeling so much lately like I lost myself as well. It makes me sad but it is helpful to read I am not alone in that feeling.