"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My First Journal Post

This blog is for me. I miss writing so much and I wanted a place just to be able to write and put my thoughts. Sometimes being a mom is so stressful that we forget to take time for ourselves. It truly is a full time job. One you can't take a break from, or take a sick day. It is 24/7/365. We don't get paid (except in kisses and hugs, which are worth more than gold). The crappy parts of our job literally are CRAPPY! We get puked on, pooped on, peed on, slobbered on, and loved on. It is the best job in the world, but sometimes we lose ourselves.

That is what this blog is about. I don't want to lose myself. I still want to be me, just me as a mom. I want to be a sexy wife to my husband. I want to do all those things that I used to; write what I want to write, sing what I want to sing, read what I want to read. I want to be a better Catholic. I want to be a better mom. Hopefully having a place of my own will help me with all of this.

This blog probably isn't for the faint of heart...yeah, I'm probably going to cuss in it (I realize this goes against the better Catholic part, but hey, we aren't all perfect!). I will talk about all things being a mom, a wife and most of all a woman are about. I'm going to write my thoughts. I am not going to be concerned about offending people or trying to be politically correct. I'm not going to apologize for who I am. I just want to be me. I want to find myself in this full time job!

No comments: