"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 Things About Me!

Taken From my Facebook Page

1. I know the book "Good Night Moon" by heart
2. I LOVE to cook and bake. I wish that I could make all the things I want to, but I would weigh 400 pounds!
3. I really enjoy lifting weights and wish I could find time to do it more.
4. I love to knit and sew and really enjoy making very "girlie" things for my 2 daughters even though I'm a big tomboy.
5. I've never really given up on the dream of being a writer, it has just gone from being a song writer to a fiction writer.
6. I have owned 2 Ipods and have not paid for either one, The first was a gift from one of the teenagers I worked with (she had won 10 free ones) and the second Rian gave me (Thanks Rian).
7. I had NO desire to be in a sorority and was so angry at my friend Stacey when she joined Phi Beta Chi. She made me go meet the girls and they turned into my closest friends. So glad I joined!
8. When I had Jillian, I gave birth to 2 kidney stones too...Eric called them Mick and Keith, the Rolling Stones!
9. I have had close to 300 stitches: 3 in the head, 6 in the back, 2 in the chest, 10 "after baby" ones, and around 250-275 in the knee after 2 knee surgeries.
10. I have started the "Couch To 5K" Program about 5 or 6 times...this time I am sticking with it.
11. My all time favorite movie is "The Princess Bride". I can recite the entire movie. Eric HATES watching it with me. Runner ups are "The Fugitive" and "Jurassic Park".
12. I love music so much it is difficult to pick a favorite song, but I think that it is "One Bourbon, One Scotch, and One Beer" by George Thorogood or "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane. Admit it, you thought I would have said a Garth Brooks song, didn't you?
13. Garth Brooks is my favorite singer...I used to want to marry him. If he ever tours again, I WILL go see him, I don't care how far I have to fly or how much I have to pay for tickets.
14. I love to color and play with play dough and I get excited when Layla wants to do either!
15. I bleed black and gold and had ALWAYS wanted to be a Purdue Boilermaker, but I NEVER thought I would stay here and live.
16. We own 3.5 acres that we are waiting to build on...let's pray this market gets better!
17. One of my favorite things to do is to just sit and watch the girls play. After 10 months, Layla is FINALLY starting to play with Jillian and it is too darn cute!
18. My grandmother wanted so badly for me to be a nurse, but I can't stand the sight of blood or the sight or smell of puke...don't think it would have been the best choice of career for me.
19. I make the BEST brownies. Sorry, no modesty here...is anyone going to argue me on this? If so, you've never had my brownies!
20. I love to read, I can never get enough of books...I go to the library at least once a week and love it there so much, that I hope I can find a job there once the girls go to school.
21. I'm a little scared of horses. My mom has 2 and she wants to put Layla on them. She knows she isn't allowed to without a helmet, but I am still terrified. Oh, and she has NO idea I feel this way.
22. I LOVE to pile blankets on when I sleep...the more layers the better.
23. My new favorite drink is Smirnoff Mojitos...they are very yummy and it is all in one bottle!
24. A part of me missed going out almost every night and getting plastered, but then I wise up and realize I really hated puking so much!
25. My secret dream is to sing on a grand piano while wearing a red dress with a slit up the leg, silly I know, but what can I say?!?! Crap, guess it isn't so secret anymore huh?!?!

No comments: