"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Sunday, January 11, 2009

First Book Review!

So, I am going to attempt a book review here. This will NOT be about imagery or anything, but just what I thought about the book. I will do this with all of the books I read this year so you can check out my progress in the reading department! Here goes:

Book: Death By Cashmere
Author: Sally Goldenbaum
Click HERE for a description of this book.

I enjoyed this book for a rather quick read. I didn't have to think to hard about it. The mystery had a lot of different plot lines going on at the same time which is always interesting. The characters are pretty well written too. I liked Izzy and Nell, but I think my favorite character was Birdie. She sounds like a tough ol' bird (no pun intended). The "bad guy" was pretty predictable though. The reason behind the murder was a twist I hadn't expected though, my mind was taking a completely different route I guess. The thing that always gets me with knitting mysteries is the description of the yarn shops. Now, don't get me wrong, I like my LYS but it is nothing like what I have read about in these books. In the books someone is ALWAYS in the shop knitting and there are people everywhere. There is always coffee going and just warm and friendly and everyone likes and know everyone. Now, the yarn shops I have been in, well, they are warm, but come on when you are surrounded by all that wool, would it be anything but? I've never seen anyone knitting in the yarn store. Is that weird? I think so. I long to just sit in the back room and knit, but with the girls I have never had a chance. Anyway, I did enjoy the book, and I suggest it if you like mysteries, easy reads, and knitting books.

In other news, we had a great night out last night. The girls went to Eric's parents and we went to his work holiday party. It was pretty fun then had some awesome food! After that we went with some of the younger one's to Nine Irish Brothers for a couple of drinks (well, Eric drank, I had cheesecake!). It was great! So relaxing to not have to worry too much about the girls! Thanks Mike and Mary!

No comments: