"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New President

Today is the day. Today, the United States of America makes history by electing its first black president in Barack Obama. I currently have the Inauguration coverage on right now and am planning on watching it. I brought Layla in and want her to watch it with me, but she would rather watch Mickey Mouse, but come on, she is 3...can't say I blame her. I admit fully that I did not vote for Obama, I didn't trust him. I don't know that I trust him now. But, he has been elected, so he will have my support. I pray that God will guide him in his position as the most powerful man in the world (at least in the United States). I will say that I think it is fantastic that our country has progressed so much that the people have voted in a black man as president. It is time, it is. I worry about his connections though, but like I said, I am going to trust in our country's decision to have him lead. So, I will end this post with a prayer.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for allowing me to live in this wonderful country filled with freedom. I ask that you please be with our new President Barack Obama. Please help him keep you in his heart and please help him keep our country and its people in his best interests. Please allow him to lead with great humbleness and respect. I thank you again Lord and ask these things in your name. Amen.

Love,
Theresa

No comments: