"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Books, Movies, Like Borders Without The Music

Happy Wednesday! I LOVE Wednesdays! I do I do! My In Laws are here and they let me leave the house! It was fantastic! I only went to Walmart, but I walked all over the store, just looking at things. I had headphones in and listened to music so I didn't have to talk to anyone. It was FABULOUS!!

It has actually been a good week so far. I am only frazzled because of poor M. His teeth are HOPEFULLY coming in and the poor kid has been screaming his head off for 2 days! I wish I could just magically make them come in for him. But, I guess that is part of being a parent huh?

Monday night I was blessed to spend the evening knitting with my wonderful neighbor and 2 friends at Nine Irish Brothers (a fantastic Ireland themed bar!) It was so much fun. My neighbor and I taught my friends Melissa and Casey to knit! I think Casey is HOOKED! She actually came over the next day and the kids played together so we could knit together some more! Why else did she come over you might ask? Well, she hadn't seen Twilight: New Moon yet and she needed to see it! Because....WE ARE FINALLY GOING TONIGHT!! I am SO SO happy!!! I have been waiting sort of patiently on my friend Jaeneen get home from vacation so we could go together. They say this one is awesome! I can't wait! I've had my movie knitting ready to go for 2 days now. Yes, before you ask, I DO knit during the movies. If it is a simple pattern, it is an easy and fun thing to do.
Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos

I tried a new class at the gym today. Cardio Box. It was actually REALLY fun. I was pretty proud of myself, I never had to quit because I was out of shape. I didn't totally get all the moves and probably looked ridiculous, but who cares! I would FINALLY get the routine and the instructor would switch it up! I really felt like Tea Leoni
Photobucket
in "Fun With Dick & Jane" as she tries to teach at her gym. Too funny! I think I will try it again to see if it gets easier.

Just FYI, since I didn't post yesterday, I gained a pound this week. I'm not stressing about it. I think either I've hit the point where my body is trying to hold on to the fat because of nursing, or it is just yo-yoing a it. There is NO way I ate enough/didn't exercise enough to gain a pound, so it can't be a stresser. It will all work out.

So, would you like a book review? I finished Moon Spinners by Sally Goldenbaum last week, but I didn't get it reviewed, so here you go. :)
Photobucket
I enjoyed this book. It is the 3rd in a series about knitting mysteries, but unfortunately I have not read the second one. I apparently missed that one on the shelf. I've read enough mysteries that I usually don't have too much problem figuring out who done it. This book kept me guessing. I thought I had it figured out and then thought I didn't. I really did enjoy it. I have the 2nd one that I missed on hold at the library so I look forward to reading it and maybe figuring out a couple of the references they made in Moon Spinners to it. If you like knitting mysteries, go for it!

Now I am reading The Accidental Demon Slayer by Angie Fox. It is kind of corny, but not a bad read so far.
Photobucket

I am VERY excited by a find at WalMart though. I found this:
Photobucket
for $5! I have LOVED this movie since I was a little girl. Whenever we used to have slumber parties, we ALWAYS rented "Adventures In BabySitting" and "Can't Buy Me Love" (Hello, Dr. McDreamy!!). Now, if I can find it, I will be ecstatic!!
Photobucket

I'm sill working on my 101 things. Any other suggestions?

So, it has been a good day. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MOVIES TONIGHT! Okay, I'm done.

How has your day been?
With Love,
Theresa

No comments: