"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Final Contest Weigh In! (Take It Off Tuesday!)

I woke up this morning and got a little giddy. Today is the final weigh-in for my Biggest Loser Contest. Giddy or scared, I am not really sure, but either way, I stepped on the scale. Good news! I was down another 2.6 pounds. That make 39.2 pounds total!!! I just am floored by that number! My goal was to lose 15% of my original starting weight by the end of the contest, and I did it! I actually even beat that, ending at 15.68%! In the contest I earned 2 One Pound passes (one for being one of the first 3 to hit 10% of my body weight and one for finishing the 30 day Shred!). This puts my contest percentage at 16.48%. I am really really proud of myself. I have worked really hard to get here. I still have 30 pounds I would like to lose, but for today, I am proud! I even have on the jeans that I bought when I was at my thinnest after L was born. Exciting!

I started going to Body Pump classes on Thursday and have now been to 3 of them. I am not doing heavy heavy weight as I tend to bulk up easily, but the class is still a hard workout. I love this class, I really really do. And the instructor, Stephanie, is fantastic. She is helpful, motivating, and welcoming. If you have a Body Pump class around you, I highly recommend it. Don't worry, I am still doing PLENTY of cardio, but doing Body Pump instead of Shred. I will still do Shred if there are times I can't get to the gym though, I want to keep active!

Big thanks go to everyone that has supported me and encouraged me throughout this contest. I really do appreciate it! I hope you will stick with me throughout the next 30 pounds!

I should hopefully find out the results of the contest on Thursday...I will let you know!

With love,
Theresa

No comments: