"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Friday, April 23, 2010

Free For All Friday!

Today is Friday! Yippee!! This has been a REALLY long week and I am glad to see Friday be here. I have a lot of randomness today, so let's get started!

First off, the results are in on my Biggest Loser Contest. I got 2nd place!!! I am very happy about this. I did everything I could and quite literally worked my arse off. The woman that got first place beat me by over 2%. It would have been very difficult for me to get that extra 2%. I did what I did and did very well. I lost almost 40 pounds and gained almost $100! Not a bad job! I am even in my "skinny" jeans. I bought some jeans when I was at my thinnest after L was born. I haven't seen them since I got pregnant with J. Well, they fit and I am wearing them. This makes me SUPER happy!! Great job to everyone that participated! We all did great!

Laundry...UGH! Does anyone else hate this chore as much as I do? I did about 4 loads yesterday and have already started the first of at least 2 loads that I am going to have to do today! It just never stops! And then on top of it, L is not quite potty trained at night. She is working on it, but still struggling. She is fine during the day, but not quite there at night. Well, I have to wash her sheets about every other day. It gets tiring. And then there are the dishes. I don't even want to go into the dishes. UGH. Okay, done complaining. Sorry, just got a little household chore overwhelmed!

I know that I have missed a couple of days this week blogging wise. I am still plodding my way through a book, hopefully I will have a book review for Book Worm Wednesday. For Fiber Therapy Thursday, I am working diligently on my BEAUTIFUL Northern Lights Shawl! I love it so much!! Hopefully I will be done with it by next week and can show it to you! It is so soft and smooshy. I hope that I will enjoy wearing it as I can see lots of wraps and shawls in my future! :)

My friend Natalie blogs over at Mommy On Fire and today's blog was pretty neat. She talked about scents that she thinks candle makers or other companies that make good smelling things should make. That got me thinking about what scents I would want to have made. Read her post here. So, here are a couple of scents that I would like to have!

1) yarn (shocker huh?) But, wait you might be saying, yarn doesn't smell. Oh, I disagree! Natural fiber yarn (wool, alpaca, etc...) does most definitely have a smell. My favorite is Malabrigo. It is soaked in vinegar and that smell combines with the wool and it is just YUMMY! Every time I go to the yarn store, I take a BIG whiff!

2) freshly cut wood, especially cedar.

3) That new car smell (does anyone know what actually makes the new car smell so good?!?!)

4) Animal Cookies. The smell really really good!

Thanks for the idea Natalie!

What else an I blabber about today? Ooh, how about a Song To Live By?

"I Need A Miracle" by Fragma
-"I need a miracle, it's more than physical."
There are more lyrics to this song, but this is the only one that applies for me right now. So, why is this song on my live by list? One reason only...it is the song that plays during the lunge section of Body Pump Class. Through the whole time doing those stupid things, I can't help think how appropriate the song is. I need a miracle to get through the whole thing!!

Well, I have 3 kiddos wanting my attention. I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend!
With love,
Theresa

1 comment:

Natalie at Mommy on Fire said...

Great idea on the scents, Theresa! I'm not a knitter but I do get the wool thing! Also love the new car smell...

Ah...Laundry. It never ends. You are so not alone on that one, sister. By the time I get it all done, folded, and put away, it's time to do it all over again.

As far as the night thing goes, I still have Sarah in a pull=up. She just may not yet be ready! Rachel S. gave me the advice and almost an "OK" that she is fine in a pull-up (her girls were in them at night for a while). Go easy on yourself, mama. Daily sheets are not fun BUT if you don't want to go the pull-up route, One Step Ahead has an absorbent blanket your tuck over the sheets so if they do have an accident, you just have to take the blanket off and not all of the sheets. LOVE IT.

Thanks for the shout-out! Have a wonderful weekend!