"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Friday, April 9, 2010

Songs To Live By

Driving home from my parents' house today, I was listening to the radio (SO love Satellite!) and heard several songs that really spoke to me. I decided to start doing a "Songs To Live By" theme sometimes. I will post these when I hear something that strikes me, makes me laugh, or just really makes me think. Now, I should warn you, these songs will range from all over. I LOVE music, and I like listening to a variety of genres so these will probably be all over the place! I will post as much of the lyric as I can or just what really got me. I hope that you enjoy this, I think it will be fun to do.

"Toes" By Zac Brown Band (this is my new favorite band!!).
-"I got my toes in the water, ass in the sand. Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand. Life is good today. Life is good today."
--Sounds like a plan to me. I want a vacation BAD!!! For full lyrics, click here.

"People Are Crazy", performed by Billy Currington, written by Bobby Braddock and Troy Jones
-"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"
--Need I say more? God is most definitely GREAT, beer IS absolutely good, and People are CRAZY!!! For full lyrics, click here.

"Forever Young", By Bob Dylan
-"May God bless and keep you always, May your wishes all come true. May you always do for others, and let others do for you. May you build a ladder to the stars, and climb on every rung. May You Stay, Forever Young."
--This is the theme song to one of my new favorite shows "Parenthood" on NBC. I DVR it on Tuesday nights so I can watch it when I get a chance. It is a fabulous show, I HIGHLY recommend it. Anyway, usually when I DVR something, I fast-forward through the beginning credits, but this song just speaks to me so much, I listen to it every time! I think it is just beautiful. This is what I want for my children and one day for my children's children. I went them to keep some of their childhood innocence, even as adults. Maybe if more people had that childhood innocence to temper their adult arrogance, our world would be a much better place. May you stay, forever young!! For full lyrics, click here.

Those are the songs that I want to live by today...what are yours??

With love,
Theresa

No comments: