"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Friday, April 15, 2011

5 Question Friday

Happy Friday all!  It has really been a nice day.  We had a wonderful visit this morning with J's original speech therapist.  She came over to visit and brought her baby girl with her.  It was fantastic to see her.  She couldn't get over how much J was talking and how well she was doing!!  Then L had a little friend come over and they have been playing.  Right now they are watching "Despicable Me" and eating their second bag of popcorn!  It is very cute!!  This movie is so fabulous!!  Love it!

Well, it is 5 Question Friday.  If you are interested in participating, head over to My Little Life and link up!!

1. What is your favorite sign of spring?
My favorite sign of spring is when the winter coats get put away and we can just wear jeans and either a T-shirt or a long sleeved shirt or a sweater.  I can still wear hats and wristers, but don't have to be completely bundled up.  Of course I find all the flowers pretty, but that is second in my book to the no winter coats!

2. What was your best birthday ever?
I have had some great birthdays.  I always had great ones growing up so it is difficult to choose the best one.  My 21st was fabulous (what I remember of it!) with my wonderful friends.  My 31st (most recent) was really great too.  My parents came up and took us all out to eat at Red Lobster and I know E took me out to dinner, but I can not remember where we went (that's bad, huh?).  Then a couple days later, my dear sweet friend Casey took me out to a karaoke bar and we had a BLAST!!  I am really looking forward to my 33rd birthday (2012) as my bestie Carli will be home from Ireland and I will be able to go out with her and Casey, my 2 closest friends.

3. What is your favorite dessert?
I LOVE anything with chocolate in it.  But, my most favorite dessert doesn't actually have chocolate in it.  My favorite dessert is the Bread Pudding from Nine Irish Brothers.  Oh My Goodness!!  It is so absolutely fabulous, it makes me drool just thinking about it!

4. What is the best excuse you've ever used to get out of a ticket?
I was pulled over once while attending Purdue University and I was driving WAY too fast down one of the main roads (Northwestern for the knowledgeable) on my way to Purduettes.  I was going to be late and I would have been in TROUBLE big time!!  I was about in tears when the officer pulled me over, but didn't want to cry my way out of a ticket.  So, I was just honest with him.  I told him I was a Purduette and would be in massive amounts of trouble if I was late.  I promised I would NOT speed down Northwestern again if he just let me go.  His niece happened to have been a Purduette and he understood.  Thankfully, he let me go.  I still never speed down that road!!

5. Do you wake up before your alarm, with your alarm, or after hitting snooze several times?
I do not set an alarm unless I have too.  I have 3 little alarms that usually get me up when I need to.  If I DO need to get up early, I usually hit snooze a couple of times.

Well, that's it for today!  I hope you all have a fabulous day and weekend!!
With love!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Another Indiana native LOL! I went to Ball State long ago :)

Mandy said...

I forgot about ditching the winter clothes as a postive for spring. I must be sidetracked with all the plants!

Stopping by from Five Question Friday.