Today we went to the Purdue University Spring Fest/Bug Bowl. What an experience!! I never got to go when I was in college because I seemed to always have a different commitment that weekend. We went with some friends and really had a fun time. L "learned" how to rope a cow and rode a peddle tractor, we watched a cricket spitting contest (Our friend Matt spit one over 40 feet!!), M LOVED his balloon and kept trying to catch it, and we even got to see a rocket launched! For me one of the biggest things though was J. She has in the past been TERRIFIED of animals. She would see a dog or cat and absolutely start shaking and crying. At my parent's house with the horses, she was scared to go out to the barn. She did better last time we were there and actually sat in the saddle atop one of the horses. Well at the Spring Fest, she pet 2 dogs, 3 bunnies, and a piglet!! She wanted to pet the sheep too (as did mommy), but couldn't get to them. Every animal she saw she wanted to pet. She really loved the bunnies and REALLY wanted to pet the 2 week old lamb. It made me SO happy to see her starting to get over this fear. The only thing that bummed me out was the garbage can full of wool that they had thrown away after they did a shearing of a sheep. I almost cried at all that wool in the trash. What a waste!!
OK, so now onto Getting To Know You Sunday! If you would like to participate, go over to MannLand5 and get the questions and link up! Leave me a link below in the comments too so I make sure I check you out!
1. Do you watch/read the news? Sometimes. I try and catch the 12 o'clock and the 5 o'clock news if I can. It isn't always possible, but I try. If something comes up on my MSN homepage that looks readworthy, I will read it. I usually have E keep me informed about the world news that I need to keep up on. No, not the most socially responsible way to get my news, but at least I am getting it!
2. How would you describe your "look"? Ha! This makes me laugh a little. I don't know that I really have a "look" really. I really don't care what is "in style" right now. I wear what is comfy to me. I see some styles and I like them so I will go with them. If I don't like them, I don't wear them. Skinny jeans took me a while to come around to, and I don't wear them that often, but I do like them. A lot of it depends on what I am doing as well. Most often you can find me in workout gear with a bandanna in my hair and sneakers on my feet. If it is something that I get to dress up a little more, I do like to be a little funky, maybe pairing things that other people wouldn't think of. My friend Casey says I have style, so maybe I do. But, it is my style, not what Cosmo says I should wear!
3. Did you play sports in high school or college? I did play sports in High School. I played volleyball, basketball, and I threw shotput and discus in track. I LOVED playing sports and am so excited that L is starting soccer!! I am super competitive about it though and struggle already to remember that she is only 5. I would have loved to play volleyball in college (and actually had some interest from some schools), but I wanted to sing at Purdue, so I became a Purduette instead!
4. Would you rather give up lipstick/gloss or high heels? I'd give up lipstick/gloss in an instant over my heels. I will never get rid of them. I will be the stooped over 80 year old tottering around in heels, I guarantee it! I love my heels. I may be 6 feet tall, but I married a 6 foot 5 man for a reason!! Love them, love them, love them!! Besides, I have zero arch in my feet and wearing heels pulls my arch up and makes wearing shoes much more comfortable than just a pair of flats.
5. What's your favorite show to watch on TV? I don't even know where to begin with this list!! I don't think I can narrow it down to just one, so how about my top 5? I love LEVERAGE, True Blood, Sons Of Anarchy, Army Wives, and Modern Family. Seriously this list could go on a lot longer!! I do not do reality shows except The Biggest Loser though.
6. Would you rather bake or cook? I absolutely LOVE to bake. I really like to cook too. I don't bake a whole lot though because then I have the baked goods here at the house and I just want to eat them which doesn't really aid in the weight loss progress. I just wish I could have someone else clean up the mess.
7. Shorts or skirts? Skirts. I do not like to wear shorts and it is a rare occasion for me to be found in them. I'll wear skirts over them every time. In fact, I actually only own 3 pairs of shorts and they are all gym shorts, one for occasionally working out in and 2 for wearing around the house.
8. What's your favorite scary movie? Scary movie or horror movie? I think they are two different things. I do not like horror movies. You know the kind I mean, where someone is always chopping up someone else. There is always that madman (or woman) like in Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, or Halloween. I just don't dig those, well with the exception of the Scream series, those I like. Now scary movies are different to me. Scary movies can be thrilling without being terrifying or vomit inducing! I LOVE vampire and werewolf movies (and I'm not just talking Twilight here people!). I like murder mystery type movies too. But my favorite scary movie? Hmm...Silence Of The Lambs!!
Well, that is it for me today. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your weekend!!