"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Getting To Know This Soccer Mama!

Well, it is absolutely official.  I AM A SOCCER MOM!!!  I NEVER thought that would be the case!  But, L had her first 2 soccer games this weekend.  Yesterday's game was rough.  She has inherited my fear of failure and cried a LOT yesterday.  She cried because she was cold.  She cried because a boy took the ball from her (never mind that this little 5 year old boy was EXCELLENT, I mean like AWESOME!!).  She cried because she was hungry.  Did I mention that she cried?  I think she only played for about 15 seconds total (her choice, not the coach's).  We had a discussion about it after the game and told her that we didn't care if she made mistakes.  We just wanted her to try.  Today was MUCH better.  She discovered that she really likes playing defense.  E says she just doesn't understand yet how to be aggressive and the pack of 5 year olds running around chasing the ball is a little overwhelming for her.  But she really did well on defense.  She stopped 3 people from kicking the ball towards the goal and then stopped 2 kids from scoring when she played goalie.  I am really proud of her regardless, no matter how she does.  But it is a lot easier to be proud of her when she tried hard!  Good job L!  Go Flames!

Now, for a little Getting To Know You from MannLand5.  Feel free to join in, just head on over and link up.  Let me know if you do though so I can check your answers out too!


button


1. what's something you've eaten and liked, but didn't think you would?  I am not really a picky eater.  The only things that I really do not like are mushrooms, it isn't so much the taste as the texture...yuck.  The only thing I can really think of is asparagus.  I didn't love it, but liked it better than I thought I would.

2. plastic surgery..yay or nay? Of course I would love to say no, but come on.  I have carried 3 children in this belly and nursed them all too.  You can be sure that if I ever win the lottery I am going straight to the plastic surgeon's office and signing up for the tummy tuck and the boob lift.  I don't want them bigger, just back to where they used to be!!

3. 2 things you love about spring are.....?  Well, I already said I love being able to wear less clothes.  So 2 other things are the sandals that I get to pull out and the pretty pink toenail polish to go with!!

4. when's the last time you went on a picnic?  It has been a while.  The kids and I would have picnics a lot last summer for lunch.  We would take all the food outside.  I never really thought much about it, but L loved it and asked for a picnic every day!

5. what's your favorite app? Pandora radio.  Hands down!!

6. who does the grocery shopping in your house? E and I have grocery shopped together since we started dating.  Now, we just do it with 2 carts and 3 kids.  That is Friday night family activity.  We are an exciting group, aren't we!?!?

7. would you rather take a spin class or zumba?  I would LOVE to take a zumba class!  My gym is supposed to be getting it this summer and I can NOT wait!! I thought I would like to take a spin class, but my butt gets sore sitting on the bike seats when I am just biking.  I don't even want to imagine how sore it would be after sitting on the spin class bikes that have absolutely NO padding!!

8. how often do you go out to dinner? We don't go out to dinner very often, the budget doesn't really allow it too much.  Before children we went out a lot.  Man, I wish I would have cooked more often then and saved the money.  I didn't realize how good I had it only cooking for 2 people!

I hope that you have all had a wonderful weekend!!!
With Love,
Theresa

No comments: