"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Saturday, April 9, 2011

My New Challenge

It has been no secret that I am on an adventure to get fit, lose weight, and look HOT.  But, unfortunately, I have really hit a wall.  So, I knew I needed to make a change.  I love my Body Pump class, but I have decided to skip it for the next 2 months.  Instead, I have decided that I am going to complete Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred in 30 consecutive days and then follow it up with her Ripped In 30 in 30 consecutive days.  This is something I have never done.  I have completed the Shred before, but I was never able to do it in 30 days straight.  I was trying to do it while doing Body Pump too and I have come to the conclusion that my knees just won't take doing both of them.  I am really excited about this challenge and have even recruited a couple of other people to try it with me.  I started it this morning and was so glad when it was over!!!

Add to it the fact that I am still trying to complete the Couch To 5K program and to continue to train for the Bumble Run 10K in September, and I am one tired mama already today.  But, I know that this is a good thing for me.  I am making very positive changes in my life and am excited about it all.  I know it isn't all about the number on the scale and I think that after my Biggest Loser contest is over, I may only step on the scale about once a month.  I get to stressing about it and it would be nice not to do that anymore.  Bottom line is I want to be healthy and be a good example for my children.  Oh, and I want to look HOT! ;)

I hope that you are having a great Saturday.  The sun is finally out and the kids are cleaning toys.  Not a bad day!
With Love,
Theresa

No comments: