"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Friday, May 20, 2011

Grandma Visits & A Little 5QF!

Today has been a wonderful day in the life of me.  My mom is up visiting and we spent a wonderful day together yesterday and today.  She came up yesterday and went to the park with me and all three kids for L's very last day of pre-school.  Then we went to L's last soccer game of the season and my aunt, and my cousin, and her husband, and son (my godson) came and watched and then after running over to L's Kindergarten for a couple of things, we went to dinner.  We had a large group at Pizza Hut, but it was a lot of fun.  Once home and after the kids were in bed, my mom and I went for a 3.5 mile walk and stayed up chatting until late.  Then today we went shopping some and had lunch with my aunt and cousin.  She has decided to stay another night and will leave in the morning, but it has really been a great day.  I have really missed her a lot and have truly enjoyed this visit.

Now, how about a little 5 Question Friday?  If you want to participate, head on over to My Little Life and get the questions.  Answer them on your blog and make sure you link up!!




1. Do you and your spouse go to bed at the same time?  We sometimes go to bed at the same time.  It depends on how tired I am.  My hubby gets up pretty early, so he usually goes to bed early.  If I am sleepy, I will go to bed when he does.  If not, well, then I tend to stay up too late!


2. A question for the ladies...What kind of facial hair do you like on your man?  My hubby has no facial hair and I like that.  But, I LOVE it when he grows out his goatee.  He rarely does this, but I absolutely love the look on him.  I know it is a lot of maintenance though, so I understand that he doesn't want to wear it that way usually.


3. What's the worst vacation you've ever taken?  I don't know that I've ever taken a "bad" vacation. E and I have only been on one real vacation and that was our honeymoon.  We might have gone on a bad one when I was growing up, but I don't really remember.  Is there even such a thing as a bad vacation?  I could use a vacation so bad right now, I think I might gladly take a bad one!!


4. What's the first-ever blog you followed?  I am pretty sure that I first started following The Yarn Harlot.  I didn't really get into blogs too much until I read hers.  Then I really got into it.  She is HILARIOUS!!  As a knitter, it makes me feel better that I am not the only one that may let the dishes slide just so I can finish "one more row"!



5. Do you enjoy amusement parks?  I do enjoy amusement parks.  But, that is mainly because I LOVE and I do mean LOVE roller coasters!!  I am a coaster fanatic.  I haven't been on one in a while, and I am really jonesing for that rush.  I might have to figure out to save up some money so E and I could take a trip to Cedar Point or Kings Island and ride some good ones.  Yes, we are closer to Indiana Beach, but I said I want GOOD coasters.

I hope you all have had a great week!  Happy Friday!!

No comments: