"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Getting To Know You

Happy May Day!  I hope you have all had a great weekend.  We have had a really nice one.  E did a great job in his marathon.  He was a little over this goal time, coming in at around 4 hours and 38 minutes.  His words about the experience: "That was the hardest thing I have ever done.  What the f*** was I thinking?".  I am so very proud of him.  I do not think that he will ever do another full, but I think he is glad that he did it.

We are having a movie night as a family here and getting ready to watch "Despicable Me" so I am going to make this short.

Really quickly, here is my contribution to MannLand5's "Getting To Know You" page.  Want to participate?  Go on over and get the questions and link up.  Let me know if you do so I can be sure to check your answers out!

1. Did you watch the royal wedding?  No I didn't.  First off, it was on at 4am here and I was alseep at that time.  Secondly, to be honest, I wasn't all that interested.  I remember thinking when they got engaged that the wedding was all we were going to hear about.  I am really just glad for it to be over. 

2. Tea and crumpets or coffee and a scone?  I prefer tea and scones. :)

3. Who's cuter..prince William or prince Harry?  Prince William

4. Can you speak in a English accent?  No.  I CAN pull off a southern accent and a valley girl one, but that is about it.

5. Do you own a fancy hat?  I own lots of hats.  I love them.  My favorite is my new fedora that is black and has hot pink netting on it with pink sparkles.  However, I do not own any "fancy" hats like what you might see at the royal wedding or at the Kentucky Derby.  Believe me though, if I ever go to the Derby again, I am SO buying one of those hats!!

6. Would you rather live in a castle or an English cottage?  Can it be the cottage from the movie "The Holiday" with Cameron Diaz?  That cottage is adorable!!  But to be honest, as long as I have someone else to clean it, I would LOVE to live in a castle.

7. How old were you when prince Charles and princess Diana got married? were you even born?  I was 1 1/2.  I don't remember it at all obviously and maybe that is why I didn't care much about William's wedding. 

8. Have you found your prince? Absolutely.  Although, sometimes he may seem more like the court jester!  Just kidding baby!  Love you!!

With Love!

No comments: