"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

When Kids Are Sick...

I had some amazing women over last night to knit and have some girl time.  It was so much fun and I had some great conversations.  I didn't get much knitting done, but that was all right.  I just really enjoyed the time with friends.  Three of us hung out until about 11:30 discussing our Faith and what it means to be Catholic.  We talked about seeing God everywhere and how God gives us what we need when we need it.  I really enjoyed the time.

I ended up getting to bed pretty late and then couldn't fall asleep so I read for a while.  Once I finally got to sleep, I heard L crying about 2 o'clock this morning.  I went in to check on her and she said her head hurt.  I gave her some Tylenol and sent her back to bed.  Then, I stayed up for about another two hours worrying about her.  She has been coughing for a couple of days, so I was worried that something more was wrong.  I still don't know what was the matter with her, but she woke up feeling much better this morning.  But, as I laid in bed last night, I couldn't help thinking, "What if it isn't just a head ache?" and "I hope it isn't strep or something."  And, I won't even go into the worst case scenario thoughts that float through my head. I know that as moms we are hard-wired to worry about our children (well, most of us, I'm not going to get into the moms that don't take care of their children, that whole situation just makes me super sad), but is there anyway to turn off that little voice in my head at 4am?  I really couldn't go back to sleep until about 4, when I went in and checked on her and she was snoring.  I finally was able to fall asleep, but as soon as I heard her cough this morning about 6am, I was wide awake scared that something was wrong.  Once I calmed down and thought I'd go back to sleep, M woke up and I was up for good.  But, that is what being a parent is, isn't it?  We put their needs first and that is the way it should be.  That said.  I am exhausted today!!

I hope you all have a wonderful day.  And, for me, well, for me I hope I get a nap later!!
With Love!

No comments: