"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Friday, March 19, 2010

25 Things About me!-(Free-For All Friday)

Last year sometime I did a 25 Things About Me, but things in my life have changed. So, instead of coming up with 25 new things, I thought I would edit the old ones. Some still apply, some do not, or should be further explained...check it out. The original is in black, my notes are in RED!

1. I know the book "Good Night Moon" by heart. I still know this book by heart, but now we have added Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, & Snow White!
2. I LOVE to cook and bake. I wish that I could make all the things I want to, but I would weigh 400 pounds! I am learning to make healthier things and have enjoyed cooking them. Granted, they aren't my Mint Brownies, but you have to make sacrifices sometime.
3. I really enjoy lifting weights and wish I could find time to do it more. I LOVE to lift weights and have been doing the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I am looking forward to getting back to Body Pump class to really pump some iron!
4. I love to knit and sew and really enjoy making very "girlie" things for my 2 daughters even though I'm a big tomboy. Now that I have a little boy, it is great to be able to make some blue things!!
5. I've never really given up on the dream of being a writer, it has just gone from being a song writer to a fiction writer. I have several different plots planned, just not enough time to get them on paper!
6. I have owned 2 Ipods and have not paid for either one, The first was a gift from one of the teenagers I worked with (she had won 10 free ones) and the second Rian gave me (Thanks Rian). Planning on passing the Ipod to a friend as I now have a Blackberry that I LOVE!!!
7. I had NO desire to be in a sorority and was so angry at my friend Stacey when she joined Phi Beta Chi. She made me go meet the girls and they turned into my closest friends. So glad I joined! Nothing to add...love those girls!
8. When I had J, I gave birth to 2 kidney stones too...Eric called them Mick and Keith, the Rolling Stones! This was funny until I passed over 11 with M!
9. I have had close to 300 stitches: 3 in the head, 6 in the back, 2 in the chest, 10 "after baby" ones, and around 250-275 in the knee after 2 knee surgeries. Add at least 7 more!
10. I have started the "Couch To 5K" Program about 5 or 6 times...this time I am sticking with it. I didn't! :) Plan on starting again after I complete the 30 Day Shred!
11. My all time favorite movie is "The Princess Bride". I can recite the entire movie. Eric HATES watching it with me. Runner ups are "The Fugitive" and "Jurassic Park". I have started L early on this one! She doesn't like the ROUS scene though!
12. I love music so much it is difficult to pick a favorite song, but I think that it is "One Bourbon, One Scotch, and One Beer" by George Thorogood or "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane. Admit it, you thought I would have said a Garth Brooks song, didn't you? Not much has changed here...I still love these songs!
13. Garth Brooks is my favorite singer...I used to want to marry him. If he ever tours again, I WILL go see him, I don't care how far I have to fly or how much I have to pay for tickets. I would still like to go see him perform. But, I would like to see the New Kids On The Block too...probably will not get to either!
14. I love to color and play with play dough and I get excited when L wants to do either! Adding bubbles and chalk to this!
15. I bleed black and gold and had ALWAYS wanted to be a Purdue Boilermaker, but I NEVER thought I would stay here and live. I'm a little bummed that we live so close to Purdue because if my kiddos are anything like mommy and daddy were, they won't want to go to college so close to home!
16. We own 3.5 acres that we are waiting to build on...let's pray this market gets better! Still waiting!
17. One of my favorite things to do is to just sit and watch the girls play. After 10 months, L is FINALLY starting to play with J and it is too darn cute! OK, so it has officially been 2 years since J was born...L is STILL trying to tolerate her! Only now we have added M to the mix
18. My grandmother wanted so badly for me to be a nurse, but I can't stand the sight of blood or the sight or smell of puke...don't think it would have been the best choice of career for me. UGH! L hurt her head last year and it took all my self control not to throw up on her. Ditto whenever any of them get sick! Gross!
19. I make the BEST brownies. Sorry, no modesty here...is anyone going to argue me on this? If so, you've never had my brownies! I still make the best brownies and NO you can't have the recipe! :)
20. I love to read, I can never get enough of books...I go to the library at least once a week and love it there so much, that I hope I can find a job there once the girls go to school. Books books books...Check out Book Worm Wednesdays for my book reviews!
21. I'm a little scared of horses. My mom has 2 and she wants to put L on them. She knows she isn't allowed to without a helmet, but I am still terrified. Oh, and she has NO idea I feel this way. I am starting to feel a little more comfortable around them. I am looking forward to when it gets a little warmer and I can get on one of them.
22. I LOVE to pile blankets on when I sleep...the more layers the better. Having a 3rd kid must have changed my body chemistry...I get really hot now!
23. My new favorite drink is Smirnoff Mojitos...they are very yummy and it is all in one bottle! Still yummy...feel free to by a bottle for me after I am done nursing!
24. A part of me missed going out almost every night and getting plastered, but then I wise up and realize I really hated puking so much! Threw up so much while preggo with M...still have little desire to do that anymore!
25. My secret dream is to sing on a grand piano while wearing a red dress with a slit up the leg, silly I know, but what can I say?!?! Crap, guess it isn't so secret anymore huh?!?! One day! One day!

So now hopefully you know a little more about me! Thanks so much to Mommy On Fire (aka Natalie) for the idea.

I want to send a very very big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to by darling J! I can't believe she is 2!! She is such a big girl now! I love you sweetie!!

Have a great weekend!
With Love,
Theresa

No comments: