"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Case of The Orange Pants-(Take It Off Tuesday)

If you knew me in college, you might remember my Orange Pants. I type those words with love because I adored those pants! As gross as it is to admit, I wore them WAY past laundry day I loved them so much. They really weren't anything special I guess. They were a pair of cargo pants from Old Navy. They made a swishy sound when I walked. Oh, and they were BRIGHT orange! They were my favorite piece of clothing. They were well loved. Well, I unearthed them over the weekend. Yes, I have kept them this long. The last time I was able to wear them was when I was at my thinnest after L was born. Guess what....they fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In all honesty, they are still a little tighter than what I would like and I probably won't wear them out in public yet, but they fit! I was able to fasten them and everything! I am so happy! I get to wear my Orange Pants again!!!!

In honor of my Orange Pants, I weighed in today just like every Tuesday. Let me begin with that I have been SO tired all week. I admit fully that I didn't push it too much. I followed my diet just fine, but took off all day Sunday and Monday from working out. I hit a point that I thought if I tried to workout then I might injure myself. So, after discussing it with E (my resident Exercise Scientist), I decided to take a couple of days off. He said that with the lack of sleep I have been getting, my body isn't getting time to recharge and heal. So, that is what I did. I resigned myself to the fact that healing my body was more important than losing weight this week. That was a little difficult to stomach though since I REALLY wanted to break 25 pounds and hit my goal. But, body comes first! So, I stepped on the scale this morning telling myself that I was going to be proud of myself, even if I only lost 1/2 a pound. Well, imagine my surprise when the scale read....

MINUS 4 POUNDS!!

What?!?!?! Seriously, I weighed myself 3 times just to make sure! I couldn't believe it. I was so excited, I immediately called my mom and bragged. She was happy for me and told me that she was really proud of me. Then, I really looked at myself in the mirror. I mean REALLY looked at myself, not the quick glance I have been giving myself because it was too painful to see what I really looked like. Well, I can FINALLY notice a difference! I still am unhappy with the outside shell, but that shell is shrinking and the INSIDE is feeling much better!

I do want to give any readers a tip though. E filled me in on this and I want to pass it on. If you are on the treadmill, put your incline at .5-1%. This makes it a little more like walking outside. I think that you will be AMAZED at the difference and that you seriously won't notice the extra incline. My legs never feel as tired or as sore if I keep just a tiny bit of incline on the never ending sidewalk than if I walk on it flat. And, you work a couple extra calories off in the process...cool!

So, overall a great week weight wise. I hit my 10% goal. Now, I am going for 15%! Wish me luck and see you tomorrow for Book Worm Wednesday...I've got a book review for you!

With Love,
Theresa

1 comment:

Natalie at Mommy on Fire said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Theresa! That is such wonderful news! I need to hear about how you are doing it...You sound like you are rockin' the house with the exercise...I am going to start running again and watching it - I am still trying to lose the last ten baby pounds and since my baby will be two this summer, it's time! Good for you, girl! Can't wait to see the orange pants!