"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Best Friends Forever-(Book Worm Wednesday)

Good Evening! I only have a few minutes today to blog, but I wanted to make sure I got on here. I did get a book finished! I am a little shocked seeing as I haven't had a whole lot of reading time except on the bike at the gym. But, you have to use what time you have right?

Anyways, I finished Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner. Now, Weiner is probably my favorite author. I have read everything she has done and I have enjoyed them all. BFF is no different. I enjoyed it. It was a fairly easy read. It had a good plot and the characters are believable. As a "curvy" woman, I have to admit that Weiner knows how to write "curvy" women. Most of her main characters are of the more curvaceous sort, but are so lovable. Addie is no different. I started out rooting for her. Logically you know that something is going to happen to screw up the friendship between Addie and Val, but you also know something is going to bring them back together. As good of a story as it was, have to admit that it was fairly predictable. Maybe I've just read to many Chic Lit novels, but half way through, I knew where this was going. But, it was still an excellent read. If you are looking for a feel good book, check it out. That said, if you are new to Jennifer Weiner and haven't read Good In Bed, RUN to your local library or book store and read it immediately! My favorite book of all time!!

That is all I have time for today...see you tomorrow
With Love,
Theresa

1 comment:

Actuary Mom said...

Stopping by from SITS.

Happy birthday to your daughter!! I've read her books too. They are pretty good.