"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Take It Off Tuesday!

Well, today is Tuesday and that means Weigh-In Day. I am involved in a Biggest Loser contest that a friend from MOPS started. We started January 26th and it runs until April 26th. The person with the biggest percentage of weight loss wins 60% of the pot, 2nd wins 30%, and 3rd place wins 10%. With over 40 people involved and all of us putting in $10, that makes a pretty good pot for the winner. Of the people that have posted online, I have been going between the top 3 spots (at least as far as I can tell anyways). I would LOVE to win this pot...not only for the massive weight loss, but think how much yarn that could buy! :) As of this morning I have officially lost 22.4 pounds. My goal for the entire contest was 25 pounds, so I will be ecstatic if I can hit that LONG before the contest is over. I am hoping to really kick some tail this week and get that 2.6 pounds off to hit it!

What have I been doing? Well, I am following the Weight Watcher's program, although I am not a member. My wonderful cousin Jennifer was kind enough to pass on her information to me so I have been using it. I also have several friends that are or have been members so they are helping a lot. I have also been working out a TON! I don't think I have worked out this much since playing sports in high school. I am doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred which is KILLER! If you haven't checked this out yet and are looking to get into shape, see what you think. I got it for $9 at WalMart and I have to say it was $9 well spent! As of this morning, I am on Day 6 of Level 2 and it is rough. Each day gets a LITTLE easier, but it never gets easy! I'm told that Level 3 is even worse! I am also going to the gym at least 4 days a week. I would love to go every day, but that doesn't really work with my schedule, at least not right now. At the gym, I have been doing 30 minutes on the bike and 30 minutes on the treadmill. I have been averaging between 5 & 6 miles and 150 calories on the bike and about 1.5 miles and 200-250 calories on the treadmill. I have to admit, I don't think I have been really KILLING myself at the gym, although this morning I stepped it up some. I made sure I got at least 450 calories burned (according to the readouts on the gym equipment). But, I think that I am going to REALLY start pushing it more. I would LOVE to run. Well, let me rephrase that. I think that running would really benefit me weight loss wise. I actually really do not like to run, but think it would be good for me. When I tried it the other day though, I thought my knees were going to explode. Shred is pretty hard on the knees so I am wondering if that is just too much pressure on them to do both Shred and run. I am thinking I might have to get on the Elliptical machine to get that type of exercise in until I am done with the Shred.

Facebook has been a wonderful motivator for me. I check in with how I am doing everyday and it is a wonderful way of being held accountable! I am pretty sure that there are some of my friends on there that are checking to see how I am doing to, so I don't want to disappoint! :)

I am starting to get into some smaller clothes which is always cool! I have been setting mini goals for myself. The first was 15 pounds. I told myself that I would buy some new make-up. I did. When I hit 20 pounds, I got my eyebrows done. When I hit 25, I plan on getting myself a hair cut (it is severely needed!). I haven't figured out after that, any ideas?!?! But those mini goals are really great to help me stay motivated!

So, that is my weight loss journey for today! I'm just going to keep plugging away!

I do have a cute L-ism to go along with this though. Last week, I went to the gym on Monday. When I went on Tuesday, L asked why were at the gym again. I told her, "Mommy wants to be skinny. Don't you want a skinny mommy?" Her eyes got HUGE and she shook her head and said, "No, I want YOU to be my mommy!" Gee thanks L! Out of the mouths of babes!

I do want to tell you how the Pineapple glazed chicken was from yesterday. I have to admit that I was lazy and did not do ANY of the last step with the cornstarch. I just pulled the chicken out of the crock pot and spooned the juices all over the pieces. I have to say, I thought it was really great! I will most definitely make it again. I did forget to add that I put some garlic in, because unless my BIL is here (he's allergic), most EVERYTHING in this house gets garlic in it! :) I give the recipe 2 spoons up! :)

Come back tomorrow and check out my Book Worm Wednesday when I tell you what I've been reading!

Have a great one!
With Love,
Theresa

No comments: