"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ugh! (Take It Off Tuesday)

Well, my experiment FAILED with a big F! Remember? I made myself eat all 40 points every day (OK, so 2 days I ate 39.5, but come on a half a point is difficult to find!). I lost only .8 pounds. Originally, I actually GAINED .2 and then had to nurse M again, so I weighed myself on a whim and apparently he ate a pound worth of milk, making my actual weight loss -.8. This is VERY discouraging to me. I am trying NOT to let it get me down, but it is difficult. I feel like I work so hard, I watch what I eat, and NOTHING. Logically, I know that isn't true as I have lost almost 30 pounds in 2 months, but it is still just so damn frustrating! Why can't their be a magic genie of skinniness so that I can just wish it away? While I'm at it I'd like a million dollars and a cure for cancer!

So, last week is over, my bitching is DONE and I am moving on. This weeks plan...well, I'm for sure not eating that much food every day! Seriously, I felt pretty miserable. I don't really understand the philosophy here (and I'm sure if I actually WENT to a WW meeting, I might understand better!). You are supposed to eat all your points, but you are supposed to stop eating BEFORE you feel full. Well, I felt full WAY before I ate all my points. I found I was eating random things just to meet my points. So, with that in mind, I am dropping my points level. Since I am nursing, I am technically allotted 40 extra points. I am not going to use these. I will keep an eye on M, don't worry and if I need to start giving him a bottle or 2. He has started eating a little oatmeal at night anyways, so that is good for him. :) That means, I will be eating 30 points each day. That seems a LOT more reasonable!

I have also amped up my gym workouts. I am still Shredding, but really wasn't killing myself at the gym. Well, that has changed! I am doing MUCH harder workouts now and sweating a whole lot more. I am really hoping it all works and I can get past this plateau. I would LOVE to break 30 pounds this week. have 4 more Shred workouts to get my 30 days in and earn a One Pound Pass in my contest (I have already won 1 by being one of the first 3 to lose 10% of my original body weight). I plan on continuing to do Shred, but to also start going to Body Pump at the gym. I miss this class so much!

Well, I am out of time for today as M is up and starting to cry. Have a great day. Get out and enjoy the sunshine! Take a walk, chase your kids, have fun!
With Love,
Theresa

No comments: