"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Monday, March 22, 2010

Bruchetta Chicken...YUM! (Munchy Time Monday!)

Hello all! What a great weekend! I hope that you had a good one too! Saturday was J's Birthday party with the family. It was a great time. I ate too much, but oh well. One cheat meal in 6 weeks isn't too bad! I just can' believe I used to eat like that all the time. My stomach was paying for it yesterday! We just had Pizza from Pizza Hut and brownies and ice cream, and I didn't even over eat, but I haven't had that much fat all at once in a while. Oh well, life goes on!

So, for Munchies today....I had a lot of people ask about my Bruchetta Chicken recipe when I posted something about it on Facebook last week. I'm sure that I found this recipe somewhere or adapted it or something, but I honestly have NO idea where from. Then again, I might have just come up with it on my own. Who knows! Without further ado....Bruchetta Chicken!

4 Chicken Breasts
1 can diced tomatoes (no salt added)
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Oregano
Parsley
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Crushed Black Pepper

Spray baking dish and preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken into baking dish, sprinkle with Garlic Powder and Onion Powder. Drain tomatoes (there will still be some liquid, don't stress). Spoon tomatoes over Chicken. Sprinkle with Oregano. Bake until chicken is done. (I'd like to tell you 30 minutes, but it depends on how thick your chicken breasts are...I use a meat thermometer). Sprinkle with 1/4 c. cheese per chicken breast and sprinkle with Parsley and Black Pepper. Bake 5 more minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes (this makes the chicken juicier!). Enjoy! 4 POINTS, unless your chicken breasts are bigger...add points accordingly!

I hope you enjoy this. It is one of my favorite ways to make chicken!

Until tomorrow!
With Love,
Theresa

No comments: