"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Artemis Fowl (Book Worm Wednesday)

I was able to get another book finished for the week. It was a Young Adult book called Artemis Fowl and it was written by Eoin Colfer. As far as Young Adult books go, it wasn't bad. It is about a 12 year old boy whose father has disappeared and mother is going insane. He is a criminal mastermind intent on rebuilding up his families abundant wealth. His plan is to expose the magical world of fairies and their fight back to avoid that exposure. As far as fantasy books go, it was decent. It is most definitely written for the Young Adult set, but I think I am a young adult at heart, so I don't feel weird reading it! There are more Artemis Fowl books in the series and I think I would eventually like to read them all. I am going to take a small break though and read some more grown up fiction. Bottom line...easy read, somewhat entertaining, not a lot of brain stimulation!

Not much on the agenda today. Just dealing with sick kiddos which is screwing up my wanting to work out. I managed to stay with my goal of eating all my points yesterday and feel as if I ate ALL day long! But, if it works, than I will do it. I guess we will see at the weigh in on Tuesday....I hope it works!!

With Love,
Theresa

No comments: