"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Video Says It All!

After my post on Tuesday, I have been trying to not play the comparison game, but unfortunately not with much success. I just can't help it. I've always thought I have a lot of self-confidence, but now I am not so sure. Not if I can't even make it through a 60 minute Body Pump class without comparing myself to all the women in the room, including the 15 year old in just the sports bra! Isn't there something wrong with that? It has been 15 years since I WAS 15, besides, I'm pretty sure I could NEVER pull off the lone sports bra look (and see, there I go again!). But this afternoon while searching around on different blogs while the kiddos were asleep, I came across the blog Formerly Hot. I figured out, that is how I feel, I feel formerly hot! To be honest, I'm not sure I was ever hot, but now I sure do formerly that way! Well, this wonderful blogger had a video on her blog. After watching it several times and laughing so hard (I was glad I was not drinking anything as I probably would have drenched and fried my already struggling computer!) I knew I HAD to repost it. I don't even know how to describe it! It was perfect. I'm not really a Lady Gaga fan (a post for another day), but am SO loving this parody! Check it out and then head over to Formerly Hot and see her too!



I have decided that I am Formerly Hot and working on becoming a MILF! Does that work?
Have a great day and a good laugh!
With Love,
Theresa

No comments: