"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wednesday and Thursday Combined

I started to post yesterday, really I did, but the stupid computer decided that freezing up was such a better idea! So, I didn't get very far. I will make up for that today as I have both a book review and some fiber therapy for you! :)

I FINALLY finished Chasing Harry Winston, written by Lauren Weisberger. You can read a description here. I really enjoyed The Devil Wears Prada and Everyone Worth Knowing by this author, but I think this was my least favorite of the 3. Honestly, it was pretty predictable. The writing was very good and the plot had the potential to be great, but it just sort of fizzled out. It felt almost like her publisher told her she had went on too long and had to stop, and then she did. If you are really into Chick Lit like I am, then by all means, check it out. Maybe you will have a different opinion than I did. If so, let me know what you thought!

I started reading a book called Wicked which is a combination of two books, Witch and Curse. Unfortunately, I do not remember the author, honestly, I could only get through about the first 30 pages. I try to give any book the first 30 pages before I decide if I just can't read it. This one I just wasn't getting into. Odd, since I really enjoy the whole supernatural genre of literature, but apparently, not this one. Maybe I'll try it again some other time, but not right now. Instead, I switched to a book called, Dying To Be Thin by Kathryn Lilley. Here is a summary. It is pretty funny so far. With all the dieting and exercising I have been doing, it is fitting right into the theme of my life!

And now for a little Fiber Therapy...Presenting my ABSOLUTELY beautiful Norther Lights Shawl!!!

05.26.2010
05.26.2010

Isn't it GORGEOUS!?!?!? I love it. I have absolutely NO idea where I am going to wear it, but who cares! Everyone needs a little glamour in their life, don't they. I just wish the people at WalMart would properly appreciate it!

I am almost done with my MIL's scarf too! I am very excited...I feel like I have been knitting on it FOREVER! I hope to have pictures next week. I made myself promise that I wouldn't start anything new until I finished it, so I can't wait to get it done!

I hope that you have a wonderful day! See you tomorrow!
With Love,
Theresa

No comments: