"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Friday, June 25, 2010

Random Things About Me!

Hi all! I have been sitting here trying to figure out what to blog about today. I was coming up EMPTY!! And I do mean EMPTY! So, I am going to cheat and tell you 10 things about myself. I have already done 25 of them that you can read here.

1. I LOVE Janis Joplin!! Seriously, for a woman whose voice really was not very musical, she sure could wail! (I am not even going to tell you how many times I had to type wail to get it spelled right!) And speaking of...

2. I am a HORRIBLE speller! (Have to add that after I hit spell check, I discovered I had spelled Horrible wrong!) Thank goodness for spell check! I was a great student in school and it was a good thing I have a good memory and could memorize things because if I don't pay attention, I can't spell crap! C-R-A-P...huh, I guess I can! :)

3. I have become a HUGE Sci-Fi Nerd! I'm not sure when this happened, but I just can't get enough Star Trek, Star Wars, and the like. Maybe that is why I like the whole vampire/supernatural genre so much too. My name is Theresa and I am a nerd!

4. I am a Pack Rat! Now, I don't think you will see me on "Hoarders" any time soon, but I really am. It comes honest, both grandmothers are/were. I keep the most random things too, you never know when you might need them! I am trying to do better, but I have the hardest time throwing things away!

5. I can type VERY fast! My mom was a typing teacher so I learned how to type at an early age. This was a HUGE blessing in college as it helped when having to type papers in the wee hours of the mornings! Also, occasionally paid for some beer when I typed papers for others.

6. I get super-duper excited when I see that someone has sent me a Facebook message or left me a comment on here. I mean, probably stupid excited! Want to guess how happy I am when I get snail mail?!?

7. I have all these plans of crafts that I want to do, things I want to make, new things I want to try. How much do I get done? Not much...3 kids take a lot of my free time. Geez. :)

8. I took piano lessons from the time I was about 5 or 6 until I was 12 or 13 (I don't really remember exactly when I started or finished, but it was about 7 years!). I used to be really good. I haven't played in a long time and could probably till read the music just fine, but I have a feeling it would take me a while to get through any songs. L really wants to learn. Whenever the time comes that we build a bigger house, the first thing I want to put in is a piano. I'll probably just go with a standing one, but would love a Grand Piano! Oh to dream!!

9. I've never really gotten into Halloween. I don't know why...I LOVE to dress up. I would love to act You would think that would be a natural transition!

10. The Disney Princesses annoy the crap out of me! I realize in this house, my two darling daughters would say that is blasphemous, but seriously! All this having to be rescued by a man...it gets old! The only one that doesn't drive me completely up a wall is Mulan, mainly because she does most of the rescuing! That said, I will sit down and watch them though. At least the songs are enjoyable! :)

There you go. 10 things you maybe didn't know about me! Now, aren't you glad you didn't ask and now know me JUST a LITTLE better?

Have a great weekend everyone! I get to wear my sexy black dress and go out with my sexy husband (we have a wedding to go to!). I can't wait! Maybe I'll try and get some pictures, assuming I can get E to stand still for them!

With Love,
Theresa

No comments: