"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Monday, June 7, 2010

Yellow Chicken?

That was the color of our dinner...bright yellow! It tasted really good though, so I am going to share the recipe with you!

Lemony Chicken
4-5 Chicken breasts
lemon juice
lemon pepper seasoning

Do NOT preheat your oven yet!!! Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Place your chicken breasts in it. Take a fork and stab the heck out of the chicken, both sides. Go on, get all your frustrations out on the poor bird! With the bottom sides of the breasts up, poor some lemon juice over them. Flip the breasts over and poor more lemon juice on top. I really didn't measure here, just eye it...you want some to pool in the bottom of the dish. I probably used 1/2-1 c. Then heavily sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until about 30-45 minutes before ready to eat. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350 degrees and cook chicken until a thermometer reads at least 165 degrees. When done, pull out and let sit for 5 minutes (you should do this with most meats...it seals in the juiciness!). Serve. I found it even better once the chicken was cut to spoon a little of the leftover lemon juice in the pan over the pieces....YUM!!

My first weigh in for this contest is tomorrow...wish me luck!
With love,
Theresa

No comments: